Have you ever visited a dentist and after the consultation they say: “Well, you need to be seeing by a periodontist, since you have periodontal disease” or “The prosthodontist is on his way, the maxillofacial will se you meanwhile”? After the dental clinical evaluation, the dentist starts mumbling all this words that we might haven’t heard before or start naming dental specialists that we don’t even now what they do. If you come to your dentist in Tijuana, for sure we are going to explain every single step until a completely understanding. However, if you want to get to your appointment with the best dentist in Tijuana, knowing more about this dental terms and specialists. We definitely invite you to keep reading.
- Anesthesiologist: Specialist physician who is in charge of applying a combination of medicines to help you relax and block pain in the course of a surgical medical, or dental procedure. In the dentistry field the anesthesiologist can not put a patient completely out, they do conscious sedations; unless the dental treatment is need to be perform in an O.R.
- Periodontist: This is the dentist who knows all about the supporting structure of your teeth; from the gum to the alveolar bone. This branch of the dentistry offers a wide range of treatments that will help you to restore your oral health.
- Maxillofacial: You might have heard people also call them “oral surgeons”. They diagnose and treat conditions or defects related with mouth, teeth, jaws and face, involving the functional and aesthetic aspect of the hard and soft tissue from the mentioned areas.
- Endodontist: These guys are the most fear ones, yet they are the ones who save you from the pain. When you feel sensitivity in your tooth when you eat hot or cold foods/drinks, the endodontist is the one-stepping in. Skilled specialists who are focused in the diagnosis and treatment of different conditions that affect the tooth pulp, they are characterized for being pain relivers and teeth savers.
- Orthodontist: Specialist in charge of the correction of crooked or misaligned teeth.
- Pediatric dentist: Branch of dentistry dedicated to the oral health of children between infancy until teenagers.
- Prosthodontist: Dentist who specializes in the restoration and maintenance of the function and aesthetic of the mouth, by replacing structures with artificial devices. In few words these guys are the ones taking care of all kinds of dental dentures.
- Implantology: Specialist who uses surgical techniques to do the permanent replacement of missing teeth by implanting a screw in the maxillary or mandibular bone as if is the root of the tooth, in order to give structure to the final crown.
Most of the dental clinics near the border will make you visit more than one office in order to be treated by another specialties. However, if you scheduled an appointment with the best dental clinic in Tijuana, Advanced Smiles Dentistry, we bring the specialist to you, not the other way around. Make your appointment today and find out which is specialist do you need.