Did you know that bacteria love warm, wet places? That’s why the human mouth is so attractive for them.
Maintaining a good oral hygiene is essential to avoid bacteria, prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Having a healthy mouth will give you many benefits such as good self-esteem, a healthy smile, good breath and you can even keep your teeth for a lifetime!
This are some things that we can start working on to maintain a good oral hygiene:
- Brushing your teeth after every meal: The ADA (American Dental Association) recommends to brush your teeth for 2 minutes in order to eliminate or reduce that sticky film of bacteria (plaque) that covers your teeth.
- Flossing: It can reduce the bacteria and plaque by removing the food stuck between the teeth. It’s recommended to do it after every time you eat.
3. Reduce the intake of sugar: As any other bacteria, the one that leaves on your mouth feed on sugar creating an acid that attacks the enamel. A weaken enamel can lead to cavities. Therefore, is recommended to avoid sugary foods and drinks such as juices, sport drinks, chocolates and candies.
* If you’re going to treat yourself with a chocolate or dessert, just remember to brush your teeth after it.
- Dental checkup and cleaning: Is recommended to keep track of the health of your teeth and gum, if you visit your dentist for an examination and cleaning every 6 months, your dentist in Tijuana will remove the bacteria and prevent cavities by performing a dental cleaning. Come and visit the best dentist in Tijuana at Advanced Smiles Dentistry.
We want to help you improve your oral hygiene, don’t leave the site without inquiring about an appointment.